Welcome to The Recruiter Project!
We’re here to clear a few things up and get a dialogue opened up so that the world of technical recruiting (on both sides) becomes a better place. If you’re someone with high-demand technology skills (e.g. a Ruby on Rails Software Developer) or you’re recruiting to fill a position in one of these fields, you already know that things are a little less than ideal.
Some things we’ve heard from Nerds about Recruiters:
- Why are they calling me? I hate phone calls.
- Why would I ever talk to a recuiter? I like my job just fine.
- Why can’t recruiters give me the information I actually care about?
- I hate recruiters.
Some things we’ve heard from Recruiters about Nerds:
- Candidates rarely respond to me, even when I’ve done my homework.
- I’m not a Nerd so I have no idea what questions to ask.
- What do Nerds want to hear about potential opportunities?
- My job is to connect the right people with the right jobs, not trick anybody.
We’ll be talking with Recruiters, Nerds, CEOs, VPs, Managers, etc, and posting semi-regular content to help everyone out.
So fire up your RSS reader and subscribe, and send an e-mail over to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you’d like answered!
Thanks for stopping by!